Thursday, November 10, 2005

Wednesday Television

I stayed home from Warren Tavern last night, which is unfortunately becoming increasingly common for me on a night when I always used to find myself at the bar (Wednesday is their big night, with Justin singing and Gregg bartending).

I finished my "small" project for System Architecture last night (18 pages with diagrams on multi-tiered architectures in J2EE), and--rather than venture out in the rain to the Tavern--rewarded myself with a lazy, lazy night on the couch with my TiVo.

"Lost" was excellent. (STOP READING IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET) I felt that it pulled itself out of a run of boring episodes with the reappearance of Will. I do wonder if Shannon is truly dead, though. In the previews, they said that one survivor is lost forever. However, during the trek through the jungle, one of the tail-enders vanished. I wonder if she is the one who will be lost and if Shannon will pull through. I actually hope not; that actress is most certainly the least talented of the bunch. She is like Tori Spelling on 90210 in that she only has one expression: sneeringly disgusted.

"South Park" was good. Not great, but good. I think the writers have played out the whole "people blindly following the rants of Eric Cartman" thing. Time for a new theme. There were some laugh-out-loud parts, though.

And, of course, "Drawn Together." Always cute. Always mindless. Always a wonderful, guilty waste of time.

And now it's almost time to head to Project Management, in which we will have a guest lecturer.

2 comments:

Ilana Reeves said...

I did not see a length requirement anywhere. I did the summary of the four articles.

Ilana Reeves said...

You are correct. Yoav also had the 8-10 page idea. Too late for me to go back and change it =)