Thursday, November 17, 2005

Study Break: Warren Tavern

Last night, I went to the Warren Tavern around 8pm. It was really empty for a Wednesday night, but I saw John, one of the locals, at the bar, so I plopped myself down at the bar for a quick drink. Of course, the Warren Tavern crew was all there: Gregg, Shannon, and John.

The place quickly filled up. By the end of the night, I had seen Donnie, Rooney, Brie, and Sam. Justin was singing, sounding great as always. The highlight was seeing Todd, a man who lives in Charlestown but grew up in Sharon; I have pictures of him at my third birthday party. It's always great to run into him. Ooo! And I met some cool new people, like Rebecca, a fellow curly-haired girl who got her PhD from MIT in 2000. Yay!

With all the talking and seeing folks, I didn't notice the time slipping by, though I did notice that my drink would get mysteriously refilled without my asking (thanks, Gregg =D). Eventually, midnight came, the lights went on, and Brie, John, and I went to Sully's to finish off the night. Sully was working the bar, which was nice, as I hadn't seen him for quite some time. We stayed for about an hour, then went our separate ways.

I miss Wednesdays at the Tavern and need to go more often. I mean, really, how many places can you go to by yourself and just know you will run into folks?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where everybody knows your name...

Anonymous said...

a 5 hr study break consisting of continuous drinking? Sounds like my kind of study break.

Ilana Reeves said...

Dooo lalalala doodoo...

Great! Now that song's in my head! =D