Saturday, November 12, 2005

My hair smells like a campfire

Tonight I forewent a night in NYC with my sis to go to the Cambridge Brewing Company's semi-annual brewer's dinner with John H. and Biju. We had an absolutely outstanding meal: soup, appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert, each accented with a beer. YUM. We were chatting over desserts and the last of our beers when my parents walked in for their 8:30 reservation.

One of the funniest parts of the meal was when the brewer came around to introduce himself, and started telling us about the brewery. He stopped, and said, "Wait. You guys look familiar." Weekly Fridays at Cambridge Brewery have finally paid off! ;)

After about 2.5 hours, one of the hosts asked us very nicely if we would mind taking our drinks to the bar so they could fold our table in for a table for 11. We took our remaining beers, and sat at the bar. We were there about an hour or so, then said good-bye to my parents. We were walking out, but the brewery had a fire pit going, with a wood fire. It smelled like camping in South Carolina =)

We stayed and talked by the fire for a while. I then dropped Biju at his car at the Stata center, while John insisted on walking off his creme brulee.

On the car ride home, I realized my hair smelled like campfire, and my new gloves smelled strongly of leather. Two of the best non-floral smells in the world. Every breath was glorious =D

Thanks to John and Biju for a great night of food and conversation, and to my parents for trekking in to enjoy the beer =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice! Sounds like a blast, sorry I missed it ;( Next year, hopefully.

Campfire and leather are two my fav scents as well. Cool.