Sunday, November 27, 2005

Saturday night at Sanctuary

Last night I ventured out to Sanctuary for Samantha's birthday. It was a gorgeous night, so I walked the 1.5 miles there. It was a great walk; I was walking alone, and came up with some interesting thoughts about missing people and places which I will blog about when I'm not trying to distract myself from a Chiefs scoring drive.

Dude, I have Tony Gonzalez playing for the studmuffins this week. We know the Chiefs are going to score. Couldn't he have caught the damn ball?

While on the topic of football, I must note that I was quite frustrated with the fact that Georgia-Georgia Tech was not shown here. We got to watch Stanford-Notre Dame, which actually ended up being an excellent game. Still, it's just weird to go to a bar during rivalry weekend and not see one of the major rivalries.

So anyway, I get to the bar, and saw fellow Warren Tavern softball players Rooney and Phil. I had one of Sanctuary's excellent martinits, but then switched over to beers for the duration. I met a lot of very cool people, got to talk to some I hadn't seen for a while, and was out quite late. Happy birthday, Sam, and thanks for organizing!

Oh, and I was wrong about the Chiefs. They just got a field goal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like Sanctuary, it's a good balance of hipness and niceness. We went there right when they opened, then again a couple of months later, but not since. We should go again.

Come to think of it, we should pick a place for the SDM end of semester bash.

Ilana Reeves said...

Damn you, Vicious! Damn yoooooooouuuuu.....

Hmm...I guess you're Jewish now so damning really as frightening as it used to be. ;)