Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Toad vs Tora

This morning I got into work, raring to go (and singing "Unskinny Bop" to all that would listen). I was playing with some data entry for the new application I have been writing, and wanted to check if the data was being recorded correctly.

I went to start up Toad, a tool I use for reviewing data. However, Quest has a wonderful policy for its freeware: every sixty days, the user must re-download and re-install the software. No big deal, right? It took me way too long to find the freeware for update. When I did, it turned out to be the same version as the software I have, and for some reason did not recognize the new install.

I therefore returned to TOra, which is still freeware...or so I thought. Unfortunately, Quest bought that up as well, and when one follows the links to TOra, one ends up at the Toad page. Grrr... Luckily, SourceForge still had a version from June up. I reinstalled in about five minutes, and all is good.

Okay, that's my trials and tribulations for this morning. Nerd out.

No comments: