Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Lunch Today

Today I had lunch with five students, my professor (Jack Gill), his wife Linda, and our special guests Dr. Bernard Harris and Scott Jones.

I need to get back to work but just a couple of highlights:
- When asked about making mistakes in startups, Jones said the biggest mistake was choosing the wrong people. If someone is not working out, cut bait and move on (okay, he said it more nicely than that).
- Don't be afraid to fail. If you are going to fail, make it quick and move on.
- I wish I could share some entrepreneurial advice with Dr. Harris, but I kept asking him about his training as an astronaut.
- I did ask what he had learned in space that he could apply, and he talked about medical monitoring and the ways in which it could be improved (which I remember well from my Apollo class).

No comments: