Thursday, December 29, 2005

Warren Tavern and MRI

Last night I went to the Warren Tavern. Upon walking in, I ran into Justin who sings and plays guitar on Wednesdays. I told him about Hannah, and it turns out he became a daddy in December. Congrats, and welcome to Cameron, born December 8.

Bree, Bob,, and Andrew arrived shortly thereafter. By that time I'd said hello to Sam and had to get through a pretty dense crowd to talk to them. A typical fun night.

Today I went for an MRI on my toe. Dude, those things SUCK. I actually never knew what an MRI was before. I had to keep my darn toe still for over half an hour! You all know how hard it is for me to sit still for even five minutes. I think I did okay.

Of course, I needed to get another shot....ARGH. They put some dye or something into me so that they could distinguish the different tissues. So gross. I have such respect for those in the medical industry, if only because they do things hundreds of times a day that would have me vomiting or something.

The doctors were very nice, and talked to me through my shot. I took the T home, and am now going to finish up work for MITRE before enjoying a nice, quiet evening at home watching football, away from the rainy ickiness of outside. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ilana,

I can't believe I came across your blog! I got a resume (VERY detailed) sent to me, and I connected to his blog, which listed yours. Small world.

It's been quite some time since we've spoken, I left Cypress summer '04, and I've made my way to Fidelity, working for one of their capital companies, Veritude. Drop me a line...I'd love to hear from you.

Cheers-
Sarah Legendre
sarah.legendre@veritude.com