Monday, July 25, 2005

Paper helicopter project

Before starting my paper helicopter project, I decided to research a few sites online to get a view of the world from eyes other than Box's and Lieu's. All of the sites I found were targeted toward children! I actually think that it's pretty darn cool to be able to learn from playing a children's game.

Of course, this got me thinking. The 12-year-old version of myself would have LOVED this helicopter assignment. I would have been chopping those papers up and just having a grand old time. I wish that I could send my project back to my former self in a time machine. Younger me would do a much better job. While younger me is doing that, I'll sit down and enjoy a writing assigment to cover for younger me's lost time working on the copter.

I think that while I am back there I will convince younger me to take at least one engineering course in college. Get a head start on the career that would await her...

Oh, goodness. I just realized it's summer and this is the time of day I would have been out riding my bike with Eric Yaffe, one of my best friends from childhood. Oh well, no time travel for me today.

2 comments:

Ilana Reeves said...

You an' Nuweet would be widing down de heel!

Unknown said...

But your 12-year-old self would not necessarily worry about recording flight times meticulously, much less fitting a trend line to your findings. If you as a 12-year-old DID worry about such things, I'm really scared. ;)