Monday, July 25, 2005

Paper helicopter project

Before starting my paper helicopter project, I decided to research a few sites online to get a view of the world from eyes other than Box's and Lieu's. All of the sites I found were targeted toward children! I actually think that it's pretty darn cool to be able to learn from playing a children's game.

Of course, this got me thinking. The 12-year-old version of myself would have LOVED this helicopter assignment. I would have been chopping those papers up and just having a grand old time. I wish that I could send my project back to my former self in a time machine. Younger me would do a much better job. While younger me is doing that, I'll sit down and enjoy a writing assigment to cover for younger me's lost time working on the copter.

I think that while I am back there I will convince younger me to take at least one engineering course in college. Get a head start on the career that would await her...

Oh, goodness. I just realized it's summer and this is the time of day I would have been out riding my bike with Eric Yaffe, one of my best friends from childhood. Oh well, no time travel for me today.

4 comments:

Eve said...

hee hee... this entry made me smile... what would younger me doing? watching you and eric ride your bikes?!

Ilana said...

You an' Nuweet would be widing down de heel!

Yoav said...

But your 12-year-old self would not necessarily worry about recording flight times meticulously, much less fitting a trend line to your findings. If you as a 12-year-old DID worry about such things, I'm really scared. ;)

Eve said...

funny what profession i chose, huh??!