Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Dance skills fading fast....

I just tried to take a break from studying in order to get my blood pumping (damn you, paper helicopters! =D). I used to do this by dancing. When I was with CNN/SI, I used to work a lot of hours from home and would use this technique to get rid of excess energy, send oxygen to my brain, and get some endorphins in me.

It was a series of stretches, layouts, and pirouettes in a warm-up routine by my favorite jazz teacher, Leon von Brown. (By the way, if you need a break, watch the video on his site...the ones from class 1 and class 2. He cracks me up.) ANYWAY, I could not remember the layout series! I know it sounds silly, but it's a very relaxing way to stretch.

I am going to have to make a special trip to Atlanta to take his class again at the Atlanta Ballet School. I miss it.

Yeah, this entry makes no sense. I'm sorry. But I couldn't dance away my energy, so I had to blog it out!!!

No comments: