Thursday, September 29, 2005

Young Dartmouth Alumni

I just returned from a Dartmouth Young Alumni event. I originally was not going to go, as my allergies have left me feeling very weak and icky, and I actually got sick from not eating anything and taking allergy medication...ick! I decided that these events happen once a year, so I should just suck it up and go.

Let me tell you, I may be a Dartmouth alumna, but I am certainly not a young one. Everybody at this event graduated in 2000 or after! Well, everybody except for the three other 96's and one '98 who eventually stood clustered in a corner.

It was open bar, so I made my way up for a drink. It was seriously like being in Theta Delt on a Wednesday night. People were ordering 4-5 drinks per person, and shoving against the bar. Very weird. I tried to leave the bar area so I could go to the adjacent bar and buy a drink, but the entrance was flooded with the young'uns.

So, as previously mentioned, I ended up talking with the three 96's. Who started talking about their kids. And that's why I'm back home at 8:35. =D

Weird night. I'm looking forward to this weekend when Oge, a fellow 96 and good friend, comes to Boston for a Saturday night pub crawl. woohoo! Then I'll feel like a young alum again....

3 comments:

Mane the Mean said...

Just curious: is there some plant pollen in the air at the moment? I have seen some flowers, but not that many.

Ilana said...

No flowers, just milkweed. It's a horrible little weed that releases its seeds into the wind (and apparently right into my sinuses).

Much different from allergies in the South or elsewhere in the world.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work
» » »