Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Meeting luck

Some of you may remember my incident of 2003, my first meeting at MITRE in which I went to use the ladies room before and somehow broke the side zipper on my pants. It wouldn't zip back up. I ended up having to rush back to my office and staple my pants to keep them on. I kept checking my pants throughout the meeting, and never noticed that the middle button of my blouse was unbuttoned the whole time, exposing my bra. Woohoo!

Today I went to use the lady's room before a big presentation. I glanced down at one point and realized, "Hmm...I usually can't see the floor through my pants. When I pulled them back up and felt the air conditioning, I realized what was wrong. They had somehow split from front to back up the, umm, butt seam. So my pants were gaping open, and I was trapped in the ladies room. 10:47. My meeting is at 11:00am. I took my jacket off, wrapped it around my waist, bolted for my office (which I now of course share with a boy), grabbed my sewing kit, and ran back to the bathroom. Of all the domestic skills, I believe my sewing to be among the best, right up there with my cookie baking. I managed to sew up the pants, grab my laptop, and be ready for the meeting at 11:00.

The clients showed up at 11:35.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Fantastic stories, both of them. I'm laughing so hard I can barely type this ;)

Chickadeeva said...

You RULE!

Never let them see you sweat!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled into your blog and read this post. I laughed my head off! That's classic.
- Patrick