Sunday, September 04, 2005

Pitt definitely worth flying USAir

I continue to have fun in Pittsburgh. Today we met Katie and Josh for breakfast at Pamela's. It was great to meet Josh, who had a really fun sense of humor. Brunch was awesome: I had to breakfast special of pancakes, eggs, and bacon (I think in a less politically correct time, it would have been the "Lumberjack's Special). Everything was outstanding.

After breakfast, Dan and I did some shopping. I brought nothing but tanktops, so had to buy a cute little sweater at the Gap.

Then it was off to Jay and Christy's wedding at the Botanical Gardens. The ceremony was beautiful, the weather was perfect, and they both looked so happy. The reception was at a wonderful restaurant at the top of a hill. We had a great view of downtown Pittsburgh. I continue to be more and more impressed by this city. Now if only they could get rid of the Steelers.... (oh, and send me Ben Roethelisburgher...c'mon, I love my Pats, but I'm not completely prejudiced to other AFC teams...it's just I only like certain team members....)

ANYWAY, wedding was great. Got to meet lots of good people. Dan and I conked out after a while and had to walk to the funicular with John and Christy, a fun couple we were sitting beside. The walk was refreshing, and I haven't been on a funicular since living in Lyon in 1994. (Dude, I'm old)

Dan and I both have early morning flights so I am off to sleep. Will update you on travel plans at some point tomorrow.

No comments: