Tuesday, September 20, 2005

"What's it like being one of so few girls?"

That is a question I am often asked about being one of 5 women in a 61-person class at MIT. I always answer that the guys treat me with so much respect that sometimes I don't even notice the large gender gap. However, this morning, that respect was broken when I received the following email from a classmate. It is in response to him having received my profile as a potential match on a dating site (yes, I'm out there)

Email starts here:

Jesus Christ, Ilana, you got emailed to me as a match. You’re aren’t you?

So. How about a little incest? Anyone with as much mutual hatred as we started out with is bound to give it a go, in the movies at least.

What are you doing on Yahoo anyway? It's because I told you I was on there isn't it--not that you came on there for me, but I made you think of Yahoo Personals. Did you pay for Yahoo or just do free post?

Let’s go for it. Mmm. . .cohort incest. You know I actually did have a Moment of Lust for you, didn’t think it was possible. Looking at your calves, tanned calves, sitting down, very nice. Very beautiful, tanned Ilana, hate to admit it, but there it is. One moment to just reach down and brush that calf with my palm. Didn’t do it of course.

You want me to write you on the service? Pick you up like a stranger? LOL, it’s all a game. So funny, so exciting, and in the end, so very sad. Yet we all play, one way or another, online or off.

-----
Now here's the game: I'm not going to write who this person is, but I bet my fellow classmates can guess. Try not to vomit.

1 comment:

Ilana Reeves said...

Thanks, Matti. I really appreciate it. =)