Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Weekend Review

Saturday: Eve, Jeff, and my mom drove into town to meet me for breakfast. We went to Sorrelle, a pastry shop around the corner from me. We had a great breakfast, then I left to meet Liz and Corey for our trip to Gloucester.

We drove up to the camp ground, picked a camp site, then set off for the beach which was a mile away. Wingersheek Beach is a delightful place....lots of great sandbars to walk around on. We sat around, ate, and gabbed for a few hours, then went back to the site to clean up.

From there, it was off to Gloucester House for dinner (c'mon! Half the fun of roughing it is using the money you would have paid for a hotel on a huge dinner!). We followed that up with a stroll through town and ice cream for dessert. Then it was back to camp for beer and s'mores.

The next morning, the girls dropped me off at the beach and went on a kayaking expedition for a couple of hours. I set up my chair and enjoyed about 2.5 hours of reading Harry Potter and walking around in the sand bars. It was wonderful. I really needed that down time. I often think because I live alone, I don't need any time to be alone and reflect outside of my condo. However, there is a huge difference between being alone in the city with a television set and sitting on a beach. I felt so refreshed by the time Liz and Corey returned to pick me up.

We took down our campsite and drove into town. We wandered around the shops for a bit, then left for home. Great weekend! Thanks, girls!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The new Harry Potter? How is it?