Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Happy Anniversary, me! And Happy Birthday, Jeff!

It has been exactly one year today that I purchased my condo. It's gone really fast. My closing was quite an adventure, and not anything I really need to celebrate, but I am happy with the condo.

And happy birthday to my brother-in-law, Jeff!! Have a great dinner tonight!

In other news, the Red Sox finally banned "Yankees Suck" shirts from Fenway, though they are still allowing the chant. I think both make Sox fans look like idiots; the Yankees don't suck. They are one of the most amazing franchises in sports. That's precisely why beating them feels so good.

Jeff is a Yankees fan...maybe the ban was a present for him?

4 comments:

Yoav said...

Hmm, this ban bothers me. I don't like the shirt, don't own one, but I have a freedom of speech issue with this ban. Who's Lucchino to decide what people can wear?

Other people share the view, like this eloquent one:
http://www.bambinoscurse.com/archives/2004_08_15_index.php

Ilana said...

Good article, thanks for the reference! Where's Matti chiming in on the ban? Matti? Where are ya, kid?

Eve said...

interesting point yoav on the freedom of speech thing...

i think jeff's birthday gift is the fact that the yanks are now only a-game-and-a-half back...:(

Yoav said...

Thanks... BTW, I missed the original point of your post: congratulations on your 1-year condo anniversary ;) May the next year go by as fast and with as many adventures, if not more...