Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Sad Day: Sending Love and Prayers to Dee and Greg

Greg called me at work today to tell me they had lost their baby four days before labor was to be induced, and the sadness in his voice was utterly, indescribably heart-breaking. Not only did they lose their baby, but there may have been malpractice involved, so they are going to have to fight a legal battle while trying to recover emotionally.

These are two of the kindest, gentlest people you will meet, and they deserve nothing but the best. I really don't know what else to write, except to ask those of you that know them and may be physically closer to them than I am up here in Boston, please support them as you can.

The funeral will be in Mobile, date to be determined by the autopsy. I'll be in Atlanta starting on Saturday and will go if it is at all possible.

No comments: