Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Phone Banking for Dan Ryan

How annoying are dinner-time cold calls? SO annoying, that's how annoying. Well, today I took a walk on the wild side and was on the other end of the phone.

Dude. Phone banking is tough! I volunteered to do some for Dan Ryan, who is running for Boston City Council. Dan is a great person and friend, so I was excited to help out, so I volunteered for two hours.

Some people are rude, some are rude in a funny way. ("Dorothy? Are you here? Sure? Who is this? A political campaign? Are you *sure* you don't want to speak to them?") Anyway, I was surprised by how nervous I got before placing the calls.

All this rambling means that next time someone cold calls me, I will be much more polite. =) Unless, of course, they're professionals...then they're built to handle the rudeness =D

No comments: